HCO Pet Hospital wants to help you keep your pets protected against Canine Coronavirus. We now offer the Canine Coronavirus vaccination.
Canine Coronavirus is a highly contagious intestinal infection. To date, several strains of Canine Coronavirus have been isolated from the outbreaks of diarrheal disease in dogs. 2 Vaccination is often required by pet care facilities.
Coronavirus is spread through contact with oral secretions or contact with infected feces. Coronaviruses are fairly resistant and can remain infectious for longer periods outdoors at frozen temperatures.
- Loss of Appetite
- Acute diarrhea
- Yellow to orange diarrhea varying from soft to watery (may also contain blood)
- Fever (occasionally)
- Young Dogs
- Dogs that come from shelters, rescue centers, breeding kennels, or pet stores
- Boarding at a kennel or doggie daycare
- Visiting groomers, dog parks, or engaging with other dogs on a daily basis
- Dogs that live in multiple pet homes